Sunday football time means it is time to try a new recipe. I found this gem at Everyday Gluten Free Me.
– 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (I put 2 chicken breasts in the crock pot for 2-3 hours with chicken broth, italian dressing and a little buffalo sauce; made it easier to shred)
– 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce (depending on your liking; I used Franks Red Hot)
– 3 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 1 3/4 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup chopped onions
– 1 cup all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 3 – 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed (I used corn Chex)
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce, cheddar cheese onions.
Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1½-inch ball and place onto a plate or separate baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Place flour in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, place eggs. In a third shallow dish, place cereal.
Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the cereal.
Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
My husband enjoyed these with celery, blue cheese and a little more hot sauce. Yum!